BOOKING AN ESTATE MEDIATION
Booking is straightforward, whether the mediation is voluntary or mandated under Rule 75.1. Interested counsel or their staff are invited to follow these steps.
Step 1: Confer with all other counsel on dates mutually convenient to counsel and their clients, as well as a potential location for the mediation.
Step 2: E-mail me (email@example.com) with your preferred dates, using a short form case name like "Jones Estate.” I will confirm my availability and the date that works for everyone.
Step 3: As soon as your date is set, please send me relevant case details so I can prepare the necessary paperwork:
- The complete names of the parties and the capacity in which they will be participating.
- The name and contact information for all counsel (and any unrepresented parties), including their e-mail addresses.
- If litigation has been commenced, the Title of Proceedings, Court File Number, and jurisdiction.
- A copy of any order(s) governing the mediation under Rule 75.1.
- The agreed-upon location which can be the offices of one of the counsel (on consent of the parties) or a neutral location such as a Special Examiner's Office or hotel. (I do not have meeting facilities.)
Step 4: Upon receipt of relevant case details, I will e-mail counsel the following:
- A formal confirmation.
- A customized Agreement to Mediate with a fee estimate.